How You Can Help . . .
1) Become a Member. Visit our Membership page to see how.
2) Join one of our many committees.
3) Share your historical documents.
4) Write an article for our Newsletter, no previous experience required.
5) Volunteer for one of our Society Projects:
One-On-One Genealogy Consultation
As long as you know the basic computer genealogy you can help people research their history at the Southside Public Library during scheduled consultations. Shadow one of the genealogists until you are comfortable providing assistance to people on your own.
- Field Trip Chairman - works with Program Chairman to plan field trips around speaker presentations.
- Program Chairman - contact speakers for monthly programs and work with Field Trip Chairman to organize day trips around speaker presentations, when appropriate.
- Calendar Chairman - keep membership up-to-date on society happenings (i.e. Board meetings, one-on-ones, cemetery project, etc).
- Poster Chairman - design monthly speaker posters to be displayed at libraries, stores, etc. informing public of upcoming monthly topics.
We'd love to hear from you! Fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Your information will be sent to our Corresponding Secretary for a reply, or forwarded on to the appropriate representative.